Good morning! Well, we are now on post-op day two and are hoping for a good day. They got mom up yesterday afternoon late and she sat in a chair for about 30 minutes. She was pretty queasy and wobbly, but she did really well. We sent several shifts of family through during that time to distract her from the dizziness. She said when she laid back down that she could tell the dizziness wasn't as bad as it had been earlier. She had a good evening. She had a few bites of Jello and some tea and water. They kicked us out of ICU at about 6:30, so we ran to have some mexican food at a great little restaurant called Ojedas. After we ate, Poopsie and Debbie kept Brooke at the hotel for us and Dad and us kids went back up to see Mom. She had been watching Dancing with the Stars and was just chilling. They got her up to use the restroom while we were there and did really well. It took three nurses to stabilize her, but the nurses were impressed at how well she did. We left about 9:30 as she was getting tired. So it was a good end to the day.
Dad and Bo headed back about 7:30 this morning. I talked to dad about 8:30 and he said she barely slept at all last night. They made her sleep at a 30 degree angle to help decrease the swelling in her eye. He said her eye looked much better and that she could actually see out of it! But she is exhausted. He did say that she had eaten some broth, jello, and drank some tea. During the surgery, they had to cut her jaw muscle, so she isn't able to chew at all right now due to the pain. The PA for one of her doctors came around earlier and said that they were dismissing several patients this morning from the neuro floor, so we are hoping that they can get her moved up there this morning sometime. Debbie is leaving around noon today, so we sent her and Poopsie on up to spend some time with mom and I am here at the hotel with two sleeping girls! Everyone is worn out. We will head up after they get her up to her new room. Brooke and Nonnie are going to have a great reunion when we get up there. They both have been waiting to see each other! That is what I know for now. I will update when we know more! Thanks for your prayers! Love!
Your Blog Post Title Here...
10 years ago
3 comments:
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers today! Love you guys. For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need. Philippians 4:13 I pray that you feel the power of God today!
-A Note From "The White House":)
Sounds as if things are going as smooth as possible!! Thank the Lord for that!! Tell your Mom to hang in there the worst is hopefully about over!! We are praying for all of you!! Happy for all of the updates. We love you all and will continue keep the prayers coming!!! :)
I am so glad Tina is doing as well as can be expected for what she has gone through. She is a very strong person in life and faith. She was Gods blessing to me when I first moved to Wolfforth and became a part of the Bennett staff. She was so willing to help me when I needed it. I not only learned from her extreme knowledge but I learned how special of a person she is each and every day. Let your mom know that I am thinking of her and hang in there, it will get better with every passing day. My prayers and thoughts are with you. If there is ever anything I can do, please let me know. DeRetha Rock
Post a Comment