CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday Update #2 - 3:50pm

We have been playing the waiting game today. Brody and Loren took Brooke to a playground at Children's Hospital, which is in the same medical complex as Zale Lipshy. All three of them had a blast! Poopsie's sister and brother in law came by to see us, so Poopsie and Debbie have been downstairs visiting with them. Dad and I have been in the ICU waiting room, just chilling and letting mom sleep for a while. Dad just went back to check on her and they were giving her more meds to help keep her comfy. They still don't have word on a regular room. They are just waiting on someone to get discharged from the 5th floor, which is the neurology floor. The nurse said if a room doesn't open up that she would have to spend the night in ICU again. :( Bummer. Also, he said that they are going to try to get her to sit in a chair about 4:15 and see how she does. PT and OT still haven't been around, but I guess this is the first step. Please pray for a few things for us -- that a room would open up soon so she doesn't have to stay in ICU again tonight, and that she would tolerate the movement of sitting up at 4:15. Thanks for all the comments. I hope that once she feels better she can read all the blogs and comments from you guys and maybe can blog a message of her own!!! Love!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Baby Sister - Please know you are in my constant thoughts and prayers. You are surrounded by a great crowd of witnesses who love you dearly. One day at a time, sweetie. Just rest in His Mighty hand. Love, love, and more love, Marcy

Ashley Brooke said...

Love ya'll BUNCHES!!!!!!!! Thanks for the updates my dear ;)

ashley said...

Love you guys soooooo much! It is all going to be okay, thanks for the updates! Tell your mom I lost 1 pound this week at weight watchers! I am sure she will get a kick out of that! grace sends her love too to her aunt tina!

Anonymous said...

You are all in our prayers! Thanks so much for keeping us updated. It is so nice to be able to check on her even from out of town. My friend I wanted to come check on ya'll is also out of town but we are sending much love and prayer your way!

Love ya,
Ronnie, Denise and Wesley

Anonymous said...

Soooo glad everything has gone so well. God's love is apparent in the ICU and in all of you. We just wanted you guys to know we have been reading every word posted. Thank you Wendy for that. Hugs and kisses to Tina and gang. Love, Steve, Patti,Chad, Casey and Lacy

Unknown said...

Hey! You all are in my prayers. If yall need anything - you know I am in dallas so please let me know!

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to let you know we are thinking of you and praying for you! I hope your mom continues to do well!
Joy

Randy and Charity Hodges said...

Hey Tina and family - We want you to know that we are praying for you and we hope that you have a speedy recovery. I hope you are able to get into a private room soon so you can get some rest. I know you'll be back on your feet and playing with Miss Brooke soon. We love you guys! Randy and Charity :)

Cadillac MaMa said...

Hey Girl,
This is Amber White and I wanted to let you know that we have been praying for you and your family. Mom sent me your blog today and I will continue to follow it to keep up with Tina's progress. Tell that sweet Mama of yours hello and that we love her from "The White House":)! My prayer for you is that God will give all the strength that you need in this "recover time". I know how hard that can be. Isaiah 40:28-30 says... God never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak. Even youths will become exhausted and young men will give up. But those who wait on the LORD will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.
-A Note From "The White House":)

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,Tina! Randy and I are lifting you in prayer each day. Recovery is not easy, especially with the dizziness and nausea you are dealing with,but we KNOW GOD is GOOD and He will supply you with what you need to get past this time. It was comforting to me to see you well supported by family and friends. You are so loved!!! And Randy and I love you too! Teresa

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,Tina! Randy and I are lifing you in prayer each day. We KNOW GOD is GOOD and HE will give you strength to deal with the dizziness and nausea till it passes. It was so comforting to see family and friends supporting you. You are greatly loved! And we love you too! Teresa