CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Updates and prayers.....

Lots has been going around the Reeves house the last few months. The most exciting thing is that I am going to be an aunt again.... twice!!! Shawn and Nette are pregnant again, which is an amazing miracle from God!!! Their twins that were conceived by in-vitro will be two in May (on our shared birthday!) and she is due the end of September! We are just so excited for them! And then, the big surprise... Brody and Loren are pregnant!!! Our newlyweds of 6 months are almost 12 weeks pregnant! It was a total surprise to them and all of us, but they couldn't be happier about it! Loren is due the end of September as well, so Brooke is pumped about getting two new cousins for her birthday (Sept. 14).

Then we have two prayer requests for you. First, Kyle is going to Cordova, Peru for Spring break as part of the 'plant trip' for our church's future mission trips. There are 4 men going with our pastor and will be gone from Sunday, March 15-Monday, March 23. At least he will be back for his b-day on the 24th. I am a little stressed about it, as the selfish side of me has never been away from him that long. Once he leaves Lima on Monday, I will have no communication with him until they come back down the mountain on Saturday or Sunday. In the 15 years that we have been together, I don't know that we have ever gone that long without talking. :( But on the other hand, I couldn't be prouder of him. Talk about spreading the word of God to the ends of the earth. They are going to be sharing God's word on top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere in Peru. It touches my heart that my amazing hubby has a heart for God and wants to further His kingdom. So please be praying for him and the other men going on the trip. Pray for their safety and that relationships will be built with the people in Cordova.

Secondly, my mom is having surgery on Monday, March 16th. She has been diagnosed with a vestibular schwannoma, which is a benign tumor that is growing above her ear. Her mom had the same tumor, which leads us to believe it is hereditary. It must be removed, because as it continues growing, it will compromise her hearing and other nerves. She is having no symptoms now, as the tumor is small, but has had some problems with vertigo and her ear which led to the finding of the tumor. She was referred to a neurosurgeon in Dallas and the surgery will be at the Zale Lipshy hospital in Dallas. The surgery is at 7:30 the morning of the 16th and will take about 6-8 hours. It basically is brain surgery, even though the tumor is technically below her brain. She will be in ICU for about 24 hours after surgery and then will be moved to a regular room until Saturday, hopefully. Brody, Loren, Brooke, and I will be going down Sunday after church and will stay through Wednesday afternoon as long as she is doing well. I will have a computer with me, so I will post updates as we know things. But specifically, please pray for the surgeons, as this is a very delicate surgery. Pray for my mom's nerves over the next week as she has been preparing for this surgery since January. We have a crew of family and friends going with us, so I know we will be surrounded by a great support system. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

Love you all!

3 comments:

ashley said...

we are sooooo excited about the new additions!! and we will definitely be praying next week for you guys! love you

The Groves Family said...

I really enjoyed seeing your parents yesterday! I gave them a few suggestions of places to eat while yall are here. I am super sad that we will be gone this week but I will be thinking about and praying for all of yall here and for Kyle. Your Dad has my cell # so call me if yall have any questions while here in Dallas. (I don't know how much skiing I will actually get to do so I will have the phone with me.)

Anonymous said...

Wendy,

Just wanted to tell you that we made it to Lima, Peru at about 2am this morning. We are about the head up the Andes mountains to Cordova. I am praying for you and mom as surgery is going on at this very moment. Tell everyone I said hi and I love them. Kiss Brooke for me. Love Kyle